After we set up the new Information Technology Company, it was easier to convert prospective leads to business but the biggest hurdle was to find new prospective leads FIRST. Hence to address the gap we defined our Marketing and Sales strategy. We
- Hired a tele-marketing who would call the industry and deliver the scripted massage.
- Created a business email with a link to benefits of technology and sent a marketing mail shot.
- Requested for referrals from our contacts.
- Put in free advertisements in the free online newspapers.
- Opened and activated a Facebook and Twitter account.
- Created buzz on our business wins on the Social media and free industry online newspapers.
- Set Sales targets, incentives and measurement process.
And subsequently we started getting trickle load of leads that started maturing into customers. Due to the continued measurable efforts business and cash flow improved.
In Toastmasters Club, New members are like the Cash flow and inducting them for your club follows a similar formula; an effective Marketing and Sales strategy. Hence follow the said steps
- Open up Facebook group account.
- Create a buzz about the past and the upcoming meetings.
- Open Twitter account and create a buzz about the upcoming meeting.
- Video record good meetings, educational session and events. And share it on Youtube. Send the LINK to prospective Toastmasters.
- Financials permitting; set up a www.meetup.com account else negotiate with www.meetup.com for special rates.
Human Resource Executive:
- Get in touch with HR executives of the organizations and invite them. Sell them the benefits of TM for their employees. After all one of the HR Executives KPI is to build up value for the employees.
- Ensure that club meetings are attractive because attractive people attract attention. So how do you make your meetings attractive ? I would say by adding value. Personally evaluate your meetings; what clicks and what could be chipped off. Note, planned meetings attract participation.
- Plan your meetings at least 6 meetings in advance and announce the TMOD providing enough time for the role players to deliver quality performance
- All project deliveries should be mentored.
- Respect time: start and end on time for the meetings and every role play.
- Special themes, Educational session and special role plays should spice up the meetings.
- Recognize members and guests. Make them feel important because people don’t care how much you know unless they know how much you care.
Set down policy and targets:
- Script process who will be your face to the guests and how will you convert guest to members.
- Set new membership targets and who will be responsible?
- Set incentive and recognition plan for getting new members.
- Set a yard stick to measure your progress.
- Don’t lose focus on retaining existing members and their participation.
And in conclusion, I would PARAPHRASE words of Past International President Helen Blanchard, “If your members and guests get out of Toastmasters all that there is to get out of Toastmasters, they will never get out of the Toastmasters”